SEAWATER CORROSION OF FASTENERS IN VARIOUS STRUCTURAL MATERIALS
Constant-immersion seawater exposures were conducted on panels with 1/4-inch bolts inserted with and without bolt sealant. Five panel materials were tested; fiber glass, 5456-H117 aluminum, HY-130 steel, titanium-6AL-4V, and 17-4PH stainless steel. The seven bolt materials were: 2024 aluminum, anodized ASTM grade 5 steel, 304 and 316 stainless steels, A286 stainless steel, MP35N multiphase, and titanium-6AL-4V. The sealant material was Coast Pro-Seal 800/B-2. Results of the study are presented.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD United States 20084
- Hack, H P
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum alloys; Anticorrosion coatings; Corrosion resistant alloys; Corrosion tests; Materials selection
- Old TRIS Terms: Hy 130 steel; Materials evaluation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00136284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-76-0034 R&D Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM