SYMPOSIUM ON NAVAL HYDRODYNAMICS (10TH), HYDRODYNAMICS FOR SAFETY, FUNDAMENTAL HYDRODYNAMICS
Partial Contents: Hydrodynamics for Safety/Maneuvering -- Effects of beam on the hydrodynamic characteristics of ship hulls; Bank effects on a ship moving through a short dredged channel, Double-body flow theory, Oscillatory testing for assessment of ship maneuverability, Large amplitude PMM tests and maneuvering predictions for a Mariner class vessel, Ship-controllability of a wide-beam tanker using large scale model, Digital simulation analysis of maneuvering performance, Hybrid simulation of maneuvering ships, Simulation of vessel encounters in confined waters, Maneuvering in collision situations in shallow water, Ship motions and capsizing in astern seas, Design acceleration and ship motions for LNG cargo tanks, Liquid slosh in LNG carriers, Hydrodynamic influence on the nonlinear motion of an ACV over waves, and Semi-submerged air cushion vehicle; Fundamental Hydrodynamics -- Small parameter expansives in ship hydrodynamics; Extension analysis and improvement of perturbation series, Calculation of vortex sheets in unsteady flow and applications in ship hydrodynamics, and Force and moment on a twin-hull ship in a steady potential flow.
- Also available from Superintendent of Documents, Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. 20402. Hard Copy $15.00.
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA USA 22217
- Cooper, R D
- Doroff, S W
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 787 p.
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Hydrodynamic pressure; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Pilotage; Ship motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic forces; Restricted water operation; Shallow water maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ONR-ACR-204
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM