DEVELOPMENT OF MULTI-USE SHIPBOARD INCINERATOR. TEST PROGRAM AND ANALYSIS
The report covers the test program carried out on a newly designed multi-use shipboard incinerator. Test procedures and the test stand are described and the test results analyzed in detailed. After a series of shake-down tests a formal test program was started consisting of three phases, (a) 24 Factorial Tests, (b) six Replication Tests, and (c) twelve Capacity tests. The Factorial and Replication Tests were done with simulated refuse, waste and sewage for a set feeding period of 5-1/2 hours. The Capacity Tests were conducted with actual municipal wastes for a feeding period of 10 hours plus additional time required to incinerate 400 gal. of sewage. The results of the extensive test program proved the soundness of the design concept and demonstrated the capability of the unit to meet the contract capacities.
Vent-O-Matic Incinerator CorporationP.O. Box 157
North Quincy, MA USA 02171
- Publication Date: 1976-1-30
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Incinerators; Sewage treatment; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Sewage incineration
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00136246
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-75-C-4199
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM