HIGH VISIBILITY AIR SEA RESCUE PANEL
A system for air sea rescue utilizing a thin film, large area, easily deployable, highly visible, buoyant panel which is formed of a substrate having a specific gravity less than sea water and impregnated with a brilliant fluourescent pigment is described. The panel may be accordion folded for compactness and ease of deployment, may have an inflatable periphery to enhance deployment, rigidity, and buoyancy and may include means for attachment to a flotation device.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing.
National Aeronautics and Space AdministrationLyndon B. Johnson Space Center
Houston, TX USA 77058
- Naimer, J
- Radnofsky, M I
- Publication Date: 1975-12-17
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Patents; Rescue equipment; Safety equipment; Search and rescue operations; Signal devices; Signaling
- Old TRIS Terms: Patents (Safety equipment); Signaling equipment
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: N76-15792/4 Pat. Appl.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM