U.S. NAVY MARINE CLIMATIC ATLAS OF THE WORLD. VOLUME 1. NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN (REVISED 1974)
The eight volume series of the U. S. Navy Marine Climatic Atlas of the World has had wide acceptance as an authoritative reference for large scale operational planning and applied research. This volume, based on nearly 20 years of additional data, is an update of Volume 1 (U.S. Navy Marine Climatic Atlas of the World, 1955) and is designed to fulfill the same requirements. Topics discussed include the following: wind, air temperature, sea surface temperature, humidity, precipitation, visibility, ceiling barometric pressure, sea ice, and ocean waves.
- This report supersedes report dated 1 Nov 55, AD-92371.
Naval Air Systems CommandWashington, DC USA
- Meserve, J M
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 385 p.
- TRT Terms: Hurricanes; Ice; Ocean waves; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological charts
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00136234
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAVAIR-50-1C-528
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM