FURTHER EXPERIMENTS ON PROPELLER EXCITED RUDDER FORCES
The effect of bottom position and sweep angle on propeller excited vibratory force is explored. Sweep angle has been found to be particularly sensitive. A technique for separation of vibratory force and couple is developed and demonstrated for one rudder configuration.
- See also report dated Apr 73, AD-769 850.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Lewis, F M
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Performance; Propellers; Rudders; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller rudder interaction; Rudder forces
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136230
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A0204-0050
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM