INSTRUMENTATION OF M/V STEWART J. CORT 1971-1974
The report is a summary of midship bending data acquired during three seasons (1972-1974) of instrumentation of the M/V STEWART J. CORT, owned and operated by the Bethlehem Steel Corporation. Sponsored by the U.S. Coast Guard, the program generated more than 2,000 half-hour intervals of data from both stress and motion transducers. The report presents a summary of logbook and stress data from the three years, the results of maneuvering tests, parametric studies, and an analysis of the CORT's response to eight storms.
- See also report dated Sept 74, AD-A003 106.
Teledyne Materials Research303 Bear Hill Road
Waltham, MA United States 02154
- Wheaton, J W
- Walters, I J
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 337 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Bulk carriers; Hulls; Instrumentation; Ore carriers; Ship motion
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull bending moments; Hull instrumentation; Hull springing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00136228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: E-1419(v) Final Rpt., USCG-D-162-75
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-13188-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM