ONTARIO PAVEMENT ANALYSIS OF COSTS
The first part of this report describes a systems methodology which enables quantification of the trade-offs between various cost componnets of a pavement and selection of an optimum investment policy for any given situation. Through analyses of alternative pavement strategies, the methodology makes available to the decision maker the individual cost components and the total cost of each alternative. The second section of the report deals with pavement performance models that indicate distress caused by traffic loads and environmental conditions. Distress due to traffic was modelled using AASHTO Road Test performance data, and distress due to environment was modelled using the Brampton Road Test data. A final model was derived which has successfully predicted pavement lives in agreement with experience in actual situations.
- Part 1: A Performance Prediction Subsystem: Flexible Pavements, RR200; Part 2: Economic Analysis Elements, RR201.
Ontario Ministry of Transportation & Communic, Can1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, Ontario M3M 1J8, Canada
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Defects; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Investments; Mathematical models; Pavement distress; Pavement performance; Pavements; Service life; Systems analysis; Traffic loads
- Identifier Terms: AASHO Road Test
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Society;
- Accession Number: 00135914
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM