A RAILWAY CORRIDOR ACROSS THE TEHUANTEPEC ISTHMUS, MEXICO
CORREDOR FERROVIARIO EN EL ISTMO DE TEHUANTEPEC, MEXICO
The Tehuantepec Isthmus in the South-East of the Mexican Republic is about 200 km wide in its narrowest part, and offers very favourable prospects for the construction of a railway line to carry freight quickly and easily between the Pacific Coast and the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. This paper explains the advantages of a system known as a "Landlift", which would combine transport by ship with railway transit across the isthmus.
Pan-American Railway CongressCaracas, Venezuela
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Intermodal transportation; Land bridge
- Geographic Terms: Mexico
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00135202
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: CPF-79-E-60
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM