EFFICIENT USE OF FUELS IN THE METALLURGICAL INDUSTRIES, SYMPOSIUM PAPER, 1974
Forty-six papers presented at this symposium deal with new processes and techniques for conservation and wise use of energy in the metallurgical industries. Particular subjects covered include: energy resources and rates of consumption; energy use in ore beneficiation and agglomeration; new steel making processes with emphasis on energy conservation; new processes for smelting copper that reduce fuel consumption; hydrometallurgical techniques for copper production; reduced energy consumption in foundries; energy conservation in the production of aluminum, molybdenum, and uranium; heat wells for thermal energy storage; and industrial process fuels of the future.
- Presented at the Symposium on Efficient Use of Fuels in the Metall Ind, Paper, Illinois Inst Technol Res, Chicago, Illinois, December 9-13, 1974.
Institute of Gas Technology3424 South State Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 786 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Energy resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Steel plants; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel sources
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00135200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM