THE VIN IN STATE VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND RECORDS
The ability of a motor vehicle agency's record-keeping system to provide effective service to the motoring public and to the variety of other public and private interests seeking access to information contained in that system is heavily dependent upon the accuracy with which vehicle identification numbers (VIN's) can be entered on that system and the completeness of a given VIN format in describing a particular vehicle. Standardization of the VIN format would facilitate the extensive governmental and commercial uses of VIN's and VIN-related information.
- Proceedings of the Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, 23-27 Feb. 1976, Detroit, Michigan.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Stevens, G O
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Identification systems; Motor vehicle licensing; Standardization; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Identification
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00134719
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760323
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM