AN EVALUATION OF CARPOOL MATCHING SYSTEMS
This evaluatory report covers such aspects as establishing personal and spatial compatibility, domain extension techniques, the relative advantages of conformant and non-conformant-area domains, considerations in choosing the appropriate basis of conformant-area domain definition and geo-coding procedure, temporal compatibility, operation of the matching systems, pooling campaign strategies, and desirable features of many-to-one and many-to-many matching systems. The system requirements of computerized car pool matching systems, particularly as these ralate to applications to Canadian cities, is established. Existing matching software and procedures are evaluated, and the matching systems best suited to Canadian Cities are identified. Future research requirements related to car pooling in general and future modifications of the recommended systems are identified.
Ministry of Transport, Canada2085 Union, 8th Floor
Montreal, PQ Canada
- PETERSON, D M
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 227 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Computers; Evaluation; Operations; Research; Software; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00134671
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM