CALCULATION OF THE RIGHTING MOMENT OF A SHIP MOVING WITH INITIAL ROLL ANGLE
VYCHISLENIYE VOSSTANAVLIVAYUSHCHEGO MOMENTA SUDNA DVIZHUSHCHEGOSYA S NACHAL'NYM UGLOM KRENA
An empirical method was proposed for calculating the righting moment of a ship under way, based on the results of tests of a series of theoretical models. Recommendations for constructing an analytical solution of the problem of the influence of forward speed on ship righting moment are presented.
- Trans. of Trudy Leningradskogo Ordena Lenina Korablestroitel'nogo Institute (USSR) N63, pp 61-68, 1968.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC United States
- Sobolev, G V
- Obrazlsov, V B
- Publication Date: 1976-1-21
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Moments (Mechanics); Rolling; Ship motion; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Righting moments; Roll amplitude
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00134620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3750
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM