SYSTEMS SIGNALLING THE APPEARANCE OF WATER IN SHIP COMPARTMENTS
SISTEMY SIGNALIZATSII POYAVLENIYA VODY V OTSEKAKH SUDNA
The system which signals the appearance of water in compartments is a critical ship system, especially on hydrofoils. Its importance can be attributed to the small size of the crew aboard hydrofoils which does not permit much attention to be devoted to on-the-spot inspection of compartments. The signaling system consists of a sensor which reacts to the appearance of water in compartments, connecting wires, a relay, and signaling devices.
- Trans. of Sudostroyeniye (USSR) V9, pp 55-56, 1964.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC United States
- Andreyev, K M
- Sul'din, S N
- Publication Date: 1976-1-7
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Alarm systems; Floods; Hydrofoil boats
- Old TRIS Terms: Bilge water alarms; Hydrofoil craft
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00134619
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3738
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM