IMPROVING U.S. SHIPPING PRODUCTIVITY. TECHNOLOGY: NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION
The study investigates the innovations in communication and navigation that ship owners will be required to adopt for more effective means of operation to successfully compete in the shipping business. The report analyzes the use of satellites in providing accurate communication and global navigation, anti-collision radar data computer systems, and the general purpose shipboard computer as an aid in the operation of the new faster and larger ships. The study explores the possibilities to increase ship productivity and provides conclusions and recommendations for further consideration.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY United States 11024
- Fiore, A E
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic vessel control; Crash avoidance systems; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication; Satellite navigation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Anticollision radar; Shipboard computers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00134611
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-125 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM