AUTOMATIC NIGHT SEARCH AND RESCUE SYSTEM
This invention involves an automatic means for locating (search and rescue), and enabling surveillance of, articles, and the identification of reference points, particularly on water and at night, in which a laser is used to illuminate available florescent chemicals such as those used for current daylight search and rescue missions, and a detection system employing a florescence detector such as a low light level television camera and a threshold device for providing an alarm when the chemical is detected.
- Patent filed 21 May 73. Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC USA
- Hughes, R S
- Publication Date: 1974-10-1
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Detection and identification; Detection and identification technologies; Fluorometers; Patents; Search and rescue operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Fluorometric detection; Patents (Detection devices)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00134608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-D001 491/0 Patent, PAT-APPL-361 929
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM