TASK ANALYSIS FOR THE JOBS OF FREIGHT TRAIN CONDUCTOR AND BRAKEMAN
This document describes the results of a research effort undertaken to detail the tasks of freight train conductors and brakemen. Included with text are detailed operational sequence diagrams for both conductor and brakeman. This task analysis is subsequent to a similar study conducted by McDonnell Douglas describing the tasks of freight train engineers.
Naval Ammunition DepotCrane, Indiana,
- Sanders, M S
- Jankovich, J
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 236 p.
- TRT Terms: Human factors; Job analysis; Operating rules; Personnel; Radio; Safety; Scheduling; Training; Trainmen; Work rules; Workload
- Old TRIS Terms: Personnel practices; Trainman's tasks
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00134602
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D 75-69 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: RDTR 263
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM