THE OPERATION OF LONG TRAINS FOR ORE AND COAL USING RADIO-CONTROLLED MID-TRAIN LOCOMOTIVES
In this paper, the author gives brief details of how the remote control equipment operates and shows the best place for the locomotive in each case. He also discusses the correct train shunting methods in critical situations by means of a few examples of accidents. This paper was given an award by the Congress.
Pan-American Railway CongressCaracas, Venezuela
- Parker, C W
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Radio control; Slave locomotives; Train makeup; Unit trains
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Radio remote control
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00134582
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM