AN ATTEMPT TO EVALUATE THE MOST FAVOURABLE INTERNAL ECONOMIC ASPECTS OF A RAILWAY
ENSAYO PARA EVALUAR ASPECTOS DE LA CONVENIENCIA ECONOMICA INTERNA DE UN FERROCARRIL
In a loss-making railway system which must, nevertheless, maintain services in operation for social reasons, the various sectors do not contribute to the poor results in the same way. The method devised by the author aims to weigh, strictly in operational terms, the economic effects of the individual elements of this rail system, equating avoidable expenses with revenue procured by the corresponding sector. When such revenue does not cover avoidable expenses, the company must identify the cause of the loss and make decisions accordingly. This paper was awarded a prize by Congress.
Pan-American Railway CongressCaracas, Venezuela
- Diaz, E C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Analysis; Costs; Economic analysis; Profitability; Socioeconomic factors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00134555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM