THE PRINCIPAL RAIL DEFECTS, INTERIM REPORT NO. 3 (CHAPTERS I-IV)
A listing of principal rail defects which includes the description, causes, consequences and remedies for each. Those included are: vertical longitudinal splitting, laps, shelling of heattreated rails, gauge corner shelling, star cracking of fish bolt holes, progressive transverse cracking in rail heads, horizontal cracking of rail head and transverse fractures at longitudinal fissures. Included at the end of each unit are a number of photographs of each flaw.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1962-3
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolts; Corrosion; Cracking; Defects; Failure; Holes; Rail (Railroads); Rail joints; Shelling (Metals); Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Scaling
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Bolt holes; Fissures (Rails); Laps (Rails); Rail failure; Scaling (Rails); Shelling; Shelling (Rails); Splitting (Rails); Star cracks (Rails)
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00033212
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt 3 Intrm Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM