OFFSHORE CRANES -- A CHALLENGE WELL MET?
The frequently severe nature of the environment in the North Sea poses a number of major problems, e.g. unloading cargo from the deck of a supply ship in a heavy swell, which is only infrequently encountered in a port. This situation is now increasingly reflected in terms of crane design and construction with particular reference to new safety requirements. The lesson learnt offshore is now, however, being extrapolated to identify paths for uprating the performance of port-based cranes.
- Cargo Systems International, 9, No.9 <1982>, p.24 (4 pp., 3 phot.)
- Woodbridge, C
- Publication Date: 1982
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00686397
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 14 1995 12:00AM