BEHAVIOUR OF THE METAL OF RAILS UNDER THE REPEATED ACTION OF WHEELS. STUDY OF THE FIELD OF STRESSES IN THE ELASTO-PLASTIC ZONE
This report contains the results of the various calculations effected so far. These can be considered as preliminary calculations carried out before proceeding to the complete calculation of the stresses in a railhead. The report likewise contains several analytical studies, both for the purpose of gaining a better insight of the stresses (the methods and the formulae are, as a rule, well known, though, generally speaking, the numerical results are not published) and for rendering possible a comparison of the results obtained by means of the numerical method with those obtained by means of exact calculations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-3
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Rail (Railroads); Stresses; Technology; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contact stress
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail stress
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033207
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C53/RP 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM