PROBLEMS OF INTERACTION OF VEHICLES AND TRACK
A committee report considers that the railway vehicle is made up of units which are united by elastic elements. The movements of the various units are considered, and formulae to represent such phenomenon as single mass oscillation, nonlinear vibrations, self-sustained movement, are included. The problem of "hunting" is defined, factors discussed, and the part that the track plays in the phenomenon is discussed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Van Bommel, I
- Publication Date: 1961-1-31
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Dynamics; Hunting (Dynamics); Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Technology; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Question c9
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033206
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Question C9 Annual Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM