MAINTENANCE OF THE WHEELSETS OF TRAILER STOCK. CATALOGUE OF DEFECTS ON THE WHEELS OF RAILWAY TRAILER STOCK
This report forms a contribution towards the standardization of the terms used for designating the most frequent defects encountered on the wheels of trailer stock wheelsets. The defects have been grouped according to their location i.e. running tread and surface of the flange, wheel rim with tyre (solid wheel) or tyre and rim (tyre wheel), wheel disc, hub. For each type of defect, its designation, characteristics and apperance accompanied whenever possible by one or more characteristic photographs, have been indicated. In addition, information has been given concerning the means for detecting the defect, recommendations (of a general nature) concerning the procedure to be adopted following its detection, and its probable origin.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Defects; Failure; Railroad cars; Shelling (Metals); Spalling; Technology; Thermal degradation; Tires; Vehicle design; Wear; Wheel rims; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Fissures (Wheels); Flat wheels; Question b79; Shelling (Wheels); Spalling (Wheels); Thermal cracks; Thermal cracks (Wheels); Tire profile; Wheel defects; Wheel design; Wheel failure
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033205
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B79/RP 10/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 1976 12:00AM