PROCEEDINGS NATIONAL MARINE NAVIGATION MEETING. MANNED DEEP SUBMERGENCE VEHICLES, JAN 20-22 1966
Twenty papers by various authors deal with the technologies required to enable a manned submersible to reach a given spot on the oceans floor. Major topics are--precision electromagnetic position-fixing of the surface support ships; acoustic methods and the application of these methods to navigation of surface ships, tracking of submersibles, and navigation on the bottom; experiences in navigating several deep submersibles; and acoustic position-fixing problems, accuracies, and experiences.
Institute of Navigation815 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005
- Publication Date: 1966-1
- Pagination: 317 p.
- TRT Terms: Ship pilotage; Submarines; Submersibles
- Old TRIS Terms: Deep water; Submarine navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00007079
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1970 12:00AM