TESTS ON THE TRACK ON THE RIDING STABILITY AND THE GUIDING QUALITY OF VEHICLES BY MEANS OF A SPECIAL VEHICLE. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE EXPERIMENTAL VEHICLE
In order to study experimentally the riding stability and the hunting movements of vehicles, it was decided to consider a vehicle of the simplest possible design i.e. a two-axled isolated bogie. Each of the factors entering into the dynamic phenomena connected with its running can be separately varied. This experimental bogie is placed under the middle section of the body of an ordinary bogie coach. The bogie and the experimental coach are described in detail and also the methods adopted for measuring the interesting magnitudes.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Defects; Dynamics; Gage (Rails); Hunting (Dynamics); Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Ride quality; Spring; Stability (Mechanics); Structural design; Suspension systems; Suspensions; Technology; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics; Track geometry; Vertical dynamics
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Question b52; Running stability; Track gauge; Track irregularities
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033201
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B52/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM