IHI ROLLS OUT THE "FREEWAY"
The Japanese shipbuilders Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries and the Swedish designers Trans-Consultants have jointly evolved a new series of standard ro-ro designs, known as Freeway. The basic ship is designated Freeway 900, and there are three other <longer> versions. The main particulars are:- F/way 900/1100/1300/1500 : Length o.a. 150.80m/166.53m/182.26m/198.00m; Breadth 28.00m <all versions>; Deadweight 12000T/15300T/18300T/21200T; Main engine <Sulzer> mcr 8460kW/8460kW/9870kW/9870kW; Service speed <knots> 17.1/16.6/16.8/16.3. The Freeway has a wide range of optional extras to meet special requirements of owners.
- Fairplay, 284 <1982>, p. 28 <11 Nov.> (1 p., 1 phot.)
- Publication Date: 1982
- TRT Terms: Freeways
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00685708
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 14 1995 12:00AM