LITERATURE REFERENCE ON TECHNIQUES FOR THE EVALUATION OF FACTORS REVELANT TO DECISION MAKING ON HIGHWAY LOCATIONS
This report presents an extensive review of literature on techniques for evaluating factors relevant to decision making in the highway program and includes abstracts of selected publications. The report is organized by the following broad categories: A. General References on Consideration of Social and Environmental Factors; B. Visual Techniques; C. Numerical Techniques; D. Engineering- Economic Techniques; E. Combination Techniques; F. Cost- Effectiveness, Systems Analysis and Program Budgeting Techniques; G. General Methodology; H. General Background References; I. Citizen Participation and Community Decisions, Joint Development, and Multiple Use of Rights-of-Way; J. Legislative Acts, Executive Orders, and Instructional and policy and procedure Memoranda. Although this report is not a total listing of all literature dealing with the evaluation of factors relevant to highway decisions, it represents a comprehensive study of the readily available literature and an analysis of a computer retrieval from the Highway Research Board, Highway Research Information Service. The literature reviewed included publications of the Highway Research Board, American Society of Civil Engineers, American Institute of Planners, Association of American Geographers, and the following journals: Management Science, Operations Research, Traffic Quarterly, Transportation Science, etc. The wording and opinions expressed in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy or view of the University of Maryland.
- Prepared for the Federal Highway Administration, Department of Transportation.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College Park, MD United States 20742
- Cater, E C
- Heafner, L E
- Hall, J W
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Budgeting; Communities; Cost effectiveness; Decision making; Environmental impacts; Highways; Laws; Location; Public participation; Reviews; Social values; Systems analysis; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway location
- Old TRIS Terms: Urban community values
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Law; Society;
- Accession Number: 00133969
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM