A STUDY OF COMMERCIAL SAIL
This topic was studied with reference to design, weight, freight, oil prices, length of voyage, capital recovery factors, sailing performance, and cost of sailing rig. It is concluded that no pronounced economic incentives to abandon mechanical propulsion exist for the foreseeable future. However, as more experience is gained in the design and operation of sailing systems, partial reliance on wind energy may recur.
- Univ. Michigan, Report No. 248 <Oct. 1982> (60 pp., 12 ref., 13 tab., 5 graphs).
- Siyuan, Y
- Benford, H
- Scher, R M
- Publication Date: 1982-10
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00684785
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 14 1995 12:00AM