DEVELOPMENT OF IMPROVED INFLATION TECHNIQUES
An inflatable occupant restraint system was developed for front seat occupants of reinforced full size motor vehicles. A suitable compromise between the antagonistic requirements of normally seated adult occupants and forwardly positioned child occupants was found by optimization of the aspirating gas source. Survival was indicated for occupants of non-reinforced vehicles in barrier tests, but with reduced margin of safety.
Rocket Research Corporation11441 Willows Road
Redmond, WA USA 98052
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Adults; Air bags; Barriers (Roads); Child safety seats; Front seats; Restraint systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Inflatable devices; Occupant restraint; Rearward facing child seat
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00133564
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801 724 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-344-3-690
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM