PATTERNS OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS AND HUMAN ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
This paper describes involvement patterns and human engineering solution for a number of specific types of pedestrian accidents. The type descriptions were derived from a study of over 2100 individual accident cases. The potential solutions presented are those that appear most promising for immediate reduction in the almost 200,000 accidents to which they apply each year. /Author/
- Presented at the 1971 Annual Meeting of the Human Factors Society, New York, New York.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Snyder, M B
- Publication Date: 1971-10-21
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Human factors engineering; Human factors engineering; Pedestrian-vehicle crashes; Prevention; Safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00133549
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM