TRANSPORTATION NOISE BIBLIOGRAPHY
This overview of the scope of current activity provides annotated bibliographic data relating to selections which range from short journal articles to longer research reports and conference proceedings. The items have been selected on the basis of topical interest to the non-specialist, intensive coverage of a subject, and readability. The individual abstracts are derived from the original texts. The data are presented in nine different areas: overview of sound and the elements of noise control and abatement; the effects of noise on man; noise sources; community reaction to transportation noise; economic aspects of noise control and abatement; methods of measuring, surveying and evaluating environmental transportation noise; legal, administrative and operational aspects of implementing noise control and abatement programs; interrelationship of noise control; major approaches to transportation noise control and abatement.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Aircraft noise; Bibliographies; Economic factors; Economics; Environmental impacts; Implementation; Legal factors; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Research; Reviews; Social values; Sound; Surveying; Traffic noise; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00133498
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-63
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM