BICYCLING IN TENNESSEE--A STATE PLAN FOR BICYCLE FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS
This plan report is one of four reports prepared as part of a study of bicycling within Tennessee. The primary purpose of this report is to suggest appropriate government activity needed in response to bicycling demand. A previously released report, Inventory of Users, Facilities, and Programs, documents the demand for bicycling facilities and programs and current governmental response to this demand. Regional seminars held throughout the State, as well as meetings with the Policy Advisory Committee, provided the basis for developing this plan report. Other reports generated by this study which may be obtained from either the State Department of Conservation or the Department of Transportation are (1) A Framework for Establishing State Policies, and (2) A Planning and Design Manual.
- Sponsored by the Interior Department, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Tennessee Department of Conservation, and the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Barton-Aschman Associates, Incorporated820 Davis Street
Evanston, IL United States 60204
- PODOLSKE, R C
- BELTT, C Z
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bikeways; Regional transportation; State government; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00133490
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM