ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE OF A LARGE SEMI-ANECHOIC TEST CHAMBER
This paper describes a large indoor semi-anechoic facility for testing construction machines and discusses the procedures used to determine its acoustic performance characteristics. Data were obtained and analyzed employing controlled pure tone and broad band noise sources with varied microphone distances and elevations. The ground- plane microphone proved to be the most practical way to obtain representative data. Comparisons to an outdoor test site are included.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Flint, W H
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Anechoic chambers; Automotive engineering; Inspection; Microphones; Sound level meters
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Construction inspection
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00133473
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750776
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM