TWO STOCHASTIC SIMULATORS FOR TESTING FIXED ROUTE AND DEMAND ACTUATED TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM ROUTING AND SCHEDULING POLICIES
Stochastic models for both fixed route and demand actuated transportation systems were developed in this dissertation. Event driven simulators based on these models were constructed and their operation verified. Several example simulations studies were performed. The fixed route transportation system model developed describes the movement of buses over a specified route, the generation of riders for the buses and the boarding and alighting of passengers at the various stops on the route. A computer program which simulates the operation of the model was written and its operation verified by hand checking its operation as the program processed a large number of events and by constructing the program so that it monitors the self-consistency of its operation.
- Doctoral thesis. Prepared in cooperation with Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Washington, D.C.
Pittsburgh University, PittsburghDepartment of Electrical Engineering
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15213
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Trygar, T A
- Publication Date: 1974-8-31
- Pagination: 329 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Buses; Computer programs; Demand responsive transportation; Digital simulation; Fixed routes; Mathematical models; Routes; Simulation; Stochastic processes; Systems engineering; Theses; Training simulators; Transportation; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00133443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SETEC-EE-75-040 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-ENG72-03783
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1981 12:00AM