SOAC: STATE-OF-THE-ART CAR ENGINEERING TESTS AT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION HIGH SPEED GROUND TEST CENTER. VOLUME VII. POST-REPAIR TESTS
The document presents the test results for the State-of-the-Art Car Post-Repair Engineering Test Program conducted at the DOT High-Speed Ground Test Center, Pueblo, Colorado, from March 18th to 29th, 1974. The SOAC has been developed under UMTA's Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program to enhance the attractiveness of rapid rail transportation to the urban traveller. The test data continuity between the original HSGTC Engineering Tests and the Post-Repair Test was established. Test data of variations from the original data have not been significant in terms of overall vehicle performance. A description of test procedures, equipment and facilities was provided in the original six-volume report, UMTA-MA-06-0025-75-1 through -6. PB-244 746 is the complete six volume set; PB-244 747 through PB-244 752 are the NTiS document numbers for each volume, I through VI respectively.
- See also PB-247 752.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Oren, R
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 206 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Calibration; Consumption; Deceleration; Electric power; Light rail vehicles; Maintenance; Noise control; Passenger cars; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Specifications; Strain gages; Tests; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0025-75-7, DOT
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-580
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1981 12:00AM