PROJECTION OF POTENTIAL NATIONAL AMBIENT AIR QUALITY STANDARDS (NAAQS). VIOLATIONS ON THE SEMCOG 1974 HIGHWAY NETWORK
The paper is intended to present the results of the 'manual model' presented in TRAN-WP-15-5/75 when run on SEMCOG's 1970 Highway Network File updated for 1974 traffic. The paper includes the variables used as input for the operation of the model. By their use a map of the highway sections and intersection in the region which, in 1974, under the limited assumptions of the model, exhibit the potential for violation of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards was constructed (map not included). The application of this model as a 'sketch-type' planning tool is being advanced for review by local, state and federal agencies. If this application is favorably received, further model runs will be made to indicate concentration changes up to and, if necessary, beyond the target year for attainment of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Prepared in cooperation with Michigan Dept. of State Highways and Transportation, Lansing, and Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C.
Southeast Michigan Council of Governments1248 Washington Boulevard, 800 Book Building
Detroit, MI United States 48226
Washington, DC United States 20590
Michigan Department of State Highways & TransportState Highways Building, P.O. Drawer K
Lansing, MI United States 48904
- Doctor, D A
- Casha, J S
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Carbon monoxide; Exhaust gases; Highway transportation; Intersections; Mathematical models; Networks; Planning; Regions; Roads; Standards; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Michigan
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00133420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRAN-WP-21-9/75 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MDSHT-74-0613
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM