EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH ON FLEXURE DISTORTION AND STRESS IN RAILROAD SUPERSTRUCTURE
Experimental research on flexure, distortion and stress in railroad track structures is described herein. Report undertaken with object of comparing the effect on track of several types of high-speed locomotives for passenger trains. The improved photographic method used to record movements of selected points in different parts of the superstructure makes it possible to measure both flexure distortion and stress at these points with great precision, while avoiding certain shortcomings found in other familiar methods. The data presented in this report was developed prior to 1936 and is offered in a historical context only. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- Trans. of mono. Annals of the Academy of Technical Sciences, Warsaw, v4 1937.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Wasiutynski, A
- Publication Date: 1937
- Pagination: 221 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Compressive strength; Data collection; Distortion (Structures); Dynamic loads; Flexure; High speed rail; History; Locomotives; Mathematical analysis; Meetings; Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Recording; Stresses; Structural design; Test tracks; Train track dynamics; Translations
- Identifier Terms: French language
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Compressive properties; Dynamic response; Experimental data; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Distortion; Flexing; Track response investigations
- Subject Areas: History; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00133413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-76-10
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM