TRUCK NOISE III-H. FINAL REPORT ON THE FREIGHTLINER QUIETED TRUCK PROGRAM
This report summarizes the results of Freightliner's research, evaluation, and demonstration of diesel truck noise control efforts for the Quiet Truck Program sponsored by the Department of Transportation's Office of Noise Abatement. A synopsis of each of the seven previous Freightliner/DOT 'Truck Noise 3' reports documenting the various aspects of the program is provided. Significant conclusions are presented from the findings of these reports, along with a number of factors that must be considered to establish a proper perspective for evaluating these findings.
- Prepared in cooperation with Freightliner Corp., Portland, Oreg. See also PB-246 263.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated50 Moulton Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02138
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Freightliner CorporationP.O. Box 3591
Portland, OR United States 97208
- Hutton, TDJ
- Publication Date: 1976-1-6
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Diesel engines; Diesel trucks; Engines; Fans; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Maintenance; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Sound level; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Cooling fans; Engine noise; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133412
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT/TST-76-55
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20095
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM