EVALUATION OF PHOSPHATE COATINGS FOR CORROSION PROTECTION AND APPEARANCE
The current practice of evaluating heavy phosphate coatings by determining the resistance of the oiled coatings to the Salt Spray test is questioned. Comparisons of various coatings exposed to Salt Spray and out-of-doors with no oil finish, and with several oils are shown. Based on the lack of correlation shown in these tests, it is recommended that more attention be paid to the actual performance of these coatings in use, and the correlation of these data with various tests.
- SAE Paper for Meeting May 18-22 1970
New York, NY United States 10017
- Cavanagh, W R
- Publication Date: 1970-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion resistant materials; Protective coatings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00007074
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 700459 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 12 1972 12:00AM