RECOMMENDED IMPROVEMENTS FOR TRANSMISSOMETER INSTALLATIONS
The objective of this effort is to investigate reported problems attributed to type FA 7861 transmissometers and to provide possible solutions that would eliminate or minimize the problems. The transmissometer is the basic sensor for runway visual range (RVR) and runway visibility value (RVV) determinations.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- Smith, W
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airport runways; Airports; Birds; Calibration; Field tests; Lamps; Lasers; Operations; Range (Vehicles); Visibility; Weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational test and evaluation
- Old TRIS Terms: Range distance; Transmissometers
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00133363
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-75-35, FAA-RD-75-167
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM