AUTOMATED VHF FREQUENCY ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM (FAS) FOR FAA AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL COMMUNICATIONS
An automated frequency assignment system (FAS) was developed as a means of providing frequency assignment plans for FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) VHF communications facilities. The FAS consists of a series of computer models (described herein). Examples are included of how the model inputs can be varied to investigate the advantages of different assignment procedures. The system can be used for assignment gaming, including partial and complete assignments, detecting violators, statistical analyses, and plots of service volume.
- Updates Rept. no. FAA-RD-73-184, AD-779 086.
IIT Research Institute10 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Hensler, T
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Automatic control; Automation; Frequency allocation; Game theory; Messages (Communications); Radio frequency interference; Simulation; Traffic; Very high frequency
- Old TRIS Terms: Message processing
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00133358
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ECAC-PR-76-005, FSS-RD-76-AF649E
- Contract Numbers: F19628-76-C-0017,, DOT-FA70WAI-175
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM