EVALUATION OF THE MODIFIED NAS EN ROUTE STAGE A MODEL 3D WEATHER AND FIXED MAP UNIT
A number of changes were requested by Air Traffic Service to improve the operational performance of the National Airspace System (NAS) En Route Stage A Model 3D Weather Subsystem, the basic element of which is the Weather and Fixed-Map Unit (WFMU). The essential changes included an increase in the WFMU weather-processing range to 200 miles, an improvement in the azimuth resolution of weather contour presentation; and provision for finer threshold adjustments for display of weather contours at different attenuation levels. Several technical and operational tests were performed at Elwood, New Jersey, and at field sites to assure WFMU interface with radar modification equipment, Common Digitizer (CD), and computer software.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- Delaney, R W
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Information display systems; Information processing; Instrument flying; Weather forecasting; Weather radar
- Old TRIS Terms: All weather aviation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00133352
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-75-47, FAA-RD-76-53
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM