U.S. GENERAL AVIATION TAKEOFF ACCIDENTS: THE ROLE OF PREFLIGHT PREPARATION
The report analyzes general aviation takeoff accidents which occurred in 1974, with special emphasis on the involvement of preflight planning. The study discusses the most frequently referenced cause/factors in takeoff accidents in relation to the type certificate held by the pilot, and where possible, analyzes accident files which illustrate preflight preparation involvement. The study also discusses factors to consider during preflight preparation. From these discussions, remedial measures to reduce the number of takeoff accidents were formulated.
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1976-3-10
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Aircraft crashes; Aircraft pilotage; Airport runways; Aviation safety; Specialized training; Takeoff
- Old TRIS Terms: Flight maneuvers
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00133340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-AAS-76-2
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 2003 12:00AM