TRANSPORTATION ANALYSIS NEEDS FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZED URBAN AREAS
This report discusses the analysis needs of small and medium size urban areas as they attempt to meet the requirements of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) and the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments. This report explains the rationale for new technical capabilities and then explains how these new capabilities may be developed. A number of topics are discussed including the following: multimodal demand analysis, land use, social and environmental impacts, time-of-day analysis, and post processing for speeds.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- DeCorla-Souza, P
- Publication Date: 1994-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- METROPOLITAN PLANNING TECHNICAL REPORT
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Federal Highway Administration
- TRT Terms: Demand; Environmental impacts; Land use; Medium sized cities; Multimodal transportation; Periods of the day; Small cities; Social impacts; Traffic speed
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00672487
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 4 1995 12:00AM