FLIGHT DATA RECORDER READOUT EXPERIENCE IN AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS 1960-1973
This study evolved from a review of 509 accident and incident flight recorder readouts to provide information on the Safety Board's experience over a period of 14 years. The report covers their regulatory history, description and operation of recorders, readout of equipment and procedures, statistical review of occurrences related to phase of flight and types of operation, accident damage to recorders, malfunctions of recorders, foreign accident readouts, and recommendations related to this study.
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1975-5-14
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft crashes; Classification; Crash investigation; Data collection; Data recorders; Equipment; Loss and damage; Methodology; Project management; Recommendations; Recording; Records management; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects; Records
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital recording
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Finance; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00133328
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-AAS-75-1
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 2003 12:00AM