OPERATING COSTS OF RAIL RAPID TRANSIT
The report examines the cost of operation of rail rapid transit systems, and the prediction of such costs for future systems, based on data obtained from the urban rail rapid transit operators in the United States and Canada. Existing cost-prediction models, based on the division of operating costs into maintenance of way and structures, maintenance of equipment, power, conducting transportation, administrative expenses, and miscellaneous expenses, are updated according to the most recent data available. In addition, those transit systems for which information is available are examined for division of costs into non-labor, direct labor and indirect labor categories; for the degree of utilization of personnel and facilities; for the relation of unit costs in the six categories to system characteristics; and for their relative scales of wages and benefits.
Polytechnic Institute of New YorkDepartment of Transportation Planning and Engineering, 333 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY United States 11201
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kwickliss, C S
- Roess, R P
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cost estimating; Costs; Energy consumption; Equipment; Estimates; Estimating; Forecasting; Labor market; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Management; Operating costs; Planning; Productivity; Rapid transit; Salaries; Transportation operations; Wages
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Maintenance costs; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00133321
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NY-11-0009-74-2Proj. Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1982 12:00AM