EVALUATION GUIDELINES FOR SERVICE AND METHODS DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
The document consists of evaluation guidelines for planning, implementing, and reporting the findings of the evaluation of Service and Methods Demonstration (SMD) projects sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA). The objective of these guidelines is to foster consistency of evaluation philosophy and techniques, and comparability of results so as to improve the output of the UMTA demonstration program. In addition to describing procedures for developing and executing the evaluation of SMD projects, this document contains background information the SMD Program, a general discussion of the demonstration evaluation process, and appendixes on survey techniques and statistical methodology. Although these guidelines were prepared specifically for use in evaluating SMD projects, their potential applicability covers the evaluation of any type of transit innovation.
- Prepared in cooperation with CACI, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Heaton, C
- McCall, C
- Waksman, R
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Data reduction; Demonstration projects; Evaluation; Guidelines; Innovation; Level of service; Planning; Project management; Transportation operations; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects; Services; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00133313
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-76-8 Final Rpt., UMTAMA-06-0049-76-16
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM