MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 7, NUMBER 2
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate each accident in-depth, and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The report consists of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants involved with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also Number 1, PB-250 561.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 363 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Combustion; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Design standards; Drivers; Fatalities; Highways; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Occupancy
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion products
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801 818
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM