A COOPERATIVE PROGRAM OF EXPERIMENTS INVOLVING CHANGES IN RAILROAD OPERATIONS
The report describes the results of the second full year of activities in the St. Louis Terminal of the Missouri Pacific Railroad, where railway labor and management are cooperating in introducing improvements to terminal operations. This is accomplished through a series of experimental changes which are introduced for a specified time period, evaluated on a before and after basis, and if local labor and management agree, are instituted as permanent improvements. The thrust of the experiment has been in the areas of labor agreements, carrier agreements and governmental regulations which for one reason or another are thought to impede the efficient operation of the terminal.
Labor/Management Task Force on Rail TransportationSt. Louis Project Team
St. Louis, MO United States
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Missouri Pacific Railroad CompanyMissouri Pacific Building, 210 North 13th Street
St Louis, MO United States 63103
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1976-4-15
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Deployment; Freight terminals; Industrial engineering; Intermodal terminals; Labor relations; Labor unions; Management; Policy; Railroad terminals; Railroad transportation; Railroad yards; Regulations; Transportation operations; Work rules
- Identifier Terms: Missouri Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Agreements; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Saint Louis (Missouri)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Government regulations; Management methods; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Law; Policy; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00133305
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OPPD-76-1 Prog. Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM